Saturday, April 16, 2011

One Elmo Mylar Balloon = Hours Of Fun




Who knew that Elmo the Balloon would be the source of fun for hours? 

Yesterday, I received K's report card along with her reaching her goals on her IEP. K got all S's on her report card (all satisfactory marks). So after I school I took her to the dollar store and got her a mylar balloon. She choose the Elmo balloon. Then after I was done shopping for Easter stuff, we went to McDonald's. She got a cheeseburger happy meal, apple juice and a yogurt. Along with the happy meal she got a musical bird toy that she loves.

Between yesterday and today, K has been walking around with Elmo. She has been playing with it. She loves Elmo and even calls on of her aunts Elmo. She like looking into the silver side of the balloon and seeing her reflection. 

We have been having "conversations" about Elmo. Mainly, her saying "It's a mirror". I have been trying to get K to say "I have a mirror", "I have elmo", "Elmo is a balloon", and to answer "Who is in the mirror".  So Elmo has been a source of fun and I am trying to work in some speech therapy into this fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment