Sunday, May 1, 2011

At the "Yuck Yuck Fair"

Flying Bobs Pictures, Images and Photos

K has been asking for the Fair since we went on Friday.  First we went to McDonald's for dinner were she chose a cheeseburger happy meal. Once she ate that K asked for yogurt. K LOVES the fruit parfaits. We used the ladies room. In the ladies room, K was saying "Yuck Yuck Fair" and "Fair nasty". Now she has never been to a fair and the only rides she has been on are Merry-Go-Rounds or Bounce Houses. When she said that I gave K the choice of the fair or going home and going to bed. K looked at me and said in her little high pitch voice "No bed. Fair, ok.". Once done at McDonald's, we went over to the Fair.

I bought 40 tickets for us. The first ride she went on was this mini train ride. I was not sure if she was going to undo the buckle. So the ride operator let me ride with her - that was quite a sight! It was a tight squeeze getting in then I had to ride hunched over. K did great on that ride. Next I took her to the balloon dart game to win her a prize. 5 darts for $5 - I asked K what prize she wanted. Barely able to hear her over the blaring music, K said "I want monkey, please." So, $10 dollars later, K got her beloved monkey.

We rode on the Scrambler and the Flying Bobs together. Then K rode on all of the kiddie rides - the Frog Leap, the Airplanes, Motorcycles, and Cars. I went to take her on the Fun House with slide. I asked the ride operator if I could shadow her and I explained she has Autism and I am not sure how she would be on this ride. (It was a walk through fun house that went high up with 2 slides, 2 wooden bridges and some other obstacles.) The operator said no that we could not go on since this ride was only for kids. I was a little peeved, but took K to ride on some spinning ride. While in line for the spinning ride, I saw another adult in the fun house with his child. Once they came off the final slide, I went up to this guy and asked if he just came off the ride and if the operator allowed him on. This guy said yes. I went back to the operator and told him that it was unfair of him to allow this child on with his father and not allow me to take my daughter on. Finally, he allowed K on with the condition that if she scared or confused and did not come down I could go after her. He allowed her to go on several times after that without having to pay extra tickets. He then told me he has a daughter with Downs Syndrome.

After that, we went on the spinning ride. I let K play a game where she picks up a duck out of a pool of water and wins a prize. She picked out this green blow up alien (or as she says it "Al-we-win-win"). Then we shared a pretzel and a soda. She wanted to go back onto the Flying Bobs again because of the music. She LOVED that ride! During the whole night she kept asking "ride, please", "more ride", "music car ride, please" (for the Flying Bobs). K had one last ride on the train by herself. I told K that we were leaving and she got a bit fussy. She stared to cry and said "rides". But I told her there were no more tickets and we had to go home to see Daddy. K said "No Daddy." But she calmed down.

DH did not go with us to the fair because he was on call. But K and I had a good time. K yesterday kept asking about the fair. I told her the fair went bye-bye. So I think we are Disney ready. There were no lines at the fair for the most part. K did get semi fussy about waiting for the short time she have to wait, but she  soon got over it. I know that Disney has the Fast Track passes - I will have to research that a bit more. I think that we will do Disney for her 7th birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment