Sunday, March 13, 2011

Care takers, Date night, and Iguana piss



Woooo Whooo - we FINALLY had date night after a year and five months!!! Normally, our date nights are saved for once a year when we travel up north to see family. Where we live in the south we have no family and we do not have a care taker for K when we choice to go out. We either take her with us - which normally she is pretty good in stores and restaurants, go solo, or don't go at all.

On very rare occasions we will have one friend watch K, but he works like 6 days a week and goes to school full time. So the last time he watched K was for a very important meeting with her Doctor in January of this year. It was about  her diagnosis of "autism" and it was something that earliest meeting time was at 7 pm or watch until March. So we took what we could.

Now our old neighbors (mother and son) would watch K every so oftern. These neighbors were cool. E the son is about my age. He has a daughter who is 9, but him and his wife are divorced. Anyway, they lived next to us for about 5 to 6 years. They had to move out because J (the mother) got hurt at work and E got hurt at work too. So J moved in with her other son and E moved in with his grandmother.

Anyway, E got fired from his job - he was working at a gas station - the gas station was robbed at gun point while he was working. So they fired him for that. But his grandmother lives where we live and E has always been good with K. So E watched K for 2 hours last night.

Also I should note that I am super picky about who watches K. K is a great kid, but she can be like watching 5 to 10  2 year old kids. When I am looking for a sitter, I do not sugar coat how K can be. I might even scare a few off - rather do that then have them tell me mid way through the job that K is too much to handle or if they knew this how K was then they would charge me more (Yeah have had that happen).  I was hired for my current job. I had to attend training for 3 weeks. Which meant I had to find someone to watch K for that time. Hubby took one week off to watch K. For the other two weeks I needed K to be watched I interviewed other people. The other person that I really wanted never called me back. The second woman panned out. I took K to meet her and explained all about K (this was before her diagnosis of Autism), I told her that K can be a hand full and laid out the good, the bad and the ugly. She was fine with it. So the week comes up were K was to go there. After the first day, the woman told me if she knew K was going to this much of a hand full she would have charged me more. Then on Wednesday, this woman told me some BS about having to watch another child the next week because of some emergency that happened and could not watch K that week. OK - thanks for that. So I found a day care that would take her for that 3rd week. Then on Friday, this woman told me she could watch K. Well, I told her that I already placed her in a day care that had no problem with handling my daughter so she was out of luck. K went to this day care for a week and there were no issues and all the kids were fine with her.

Any how, back to date night... Hubby had forgotten that date night was yesterday. I only had planned it out in front of him with E and made sure that DH did not have plans for Saturday. E followed up with us on Friday to make sure that it was still on - and yup Hubby was there in the conversation. Saturday rolls around and I told him I was cleaning for when E comes to watch K for date night. Hubby's reply was "THAT'S TOOO NIGHT?" Oh boy, I was fuming!!! Well everything turned out well, we went out and had a great time. E watched K and had lollipops to bribe her (good motivation tool for her). K had the run of the apartment expect for our bedroom being locked. I warned E that K likes to climb and may play in the bathroom. I let him know that there was apples for her to snack on and some chips and cookies. That she could have as much water as she wanted. I left the you tube play list up on the computer of the wiggles and other random kid songs up on the computer for her. I warned him of all I could before we headed out. Then off we went.


At the pool hall, DH and I had iguana piss (aka beer) and Philly cheese steaks. The only reason I had the beer with dinner is because I could - K was not with us and it was truly and adult night out. Normally I don't drink ever and hate the taste of beer. After that we played 2 games of pool. Now I LOVE playing pool, but I suck. Truly suck at playing pool - I am lucky to get ANY ball in. So Hubby beat my butt 2x. I played a song on the juke box - so I surprised him by playing one of his favorite songs - Megadeath's "Peace Sells". Overall it was fun and a bit weird feeling, because there was a big hole - something missing, that something was that K was not with us.

Well, we get back, K was all smiles. E said she was no problem and he has been around NT kids who are 10x worse then K. He said that he would watch her again - so we have a sitter now - YEAH!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment