Monday, March 7, 2011

US Airways wants parents to pay extra to sit with kids ....

I printed out my flight information today and noticed that K and my seats are not next to each other. I called into US Airways and was told that I pay $30 extra for choice seats. I have never flown before and when I ordered the tickets I naturally thought that parent and child would be placed together. I was wrong ... I explained K's condition - I was advised of paying $30 for the choice seats or when I get to the airport and letting the agent's desk know of the situation and hope they can put us together.

Anyway, I sent and email to the complaint department and I will see what happens. This is the email that I sent below:

To whom it may concern,
I called into customer service today about an issue regarding my future flight plans. When I ordered the tickets I put in the information that I am flying with one child from the age of 2-17 as per the prompt. When I printed out the flight information I noticed that the seat for myself and my 2-17 year old child were not together. This is a HUGE concern to me and to any parent who has a young child that is not sitting near them. Now in my case my daughter is 6 years old and is disabled - she has Autism. "K" MUST sit next to me because she requires adult supervision because of her condition. I called into customer service and explained my situation. I was told that I can pay $30 dollars extra for choice seating to have our seats changed. There really should be some sort of disclaimer on your site or affiliated sites STATING that seats for children may not be played near the parents and that choice seating would be the better option. Also there should be some sort of prompt on the websites that asks if the child's age falls into a bracket of 2-4,5-8,8-11, etc and if the child (regardless of age) is disabled. Depending on the answers then there should be something that brings of the choice seating option up. The customer service agent also said that I can go to the agent desk at the airport and tell them about my daughter's condition and then they may be able to do something about the seating, but that is not guaranteed. I just wanted to bring this to your attention that there need to be some changes made to the websites to bring this to the attention of any parent. Thank you in advance for your time and attention on this matter. Sincerely, "CM"

No comments:

Post a Comment